wicket-users mailing list archives

From sardo <mark.willi...@power-oasis.com>
Subject Class that extends AjaxTabbedPanel does not remember selected panel on page refresh
Date Thu, 19 Jul 2012 21:29:30 GMT

Hi,

I have a class that extends AjaxTabbedPanel, it displays a busy indicator
while the ajax call is running (see code below). This all works fine during
these ajax calls; so a busy indicator is displayed and the tab that has been
selected is displayed correctly in the view.  However, if the page is
refreshed the first tab in the group of tabs is shown as being selected and
the app forgets which tab was previously selected.  To me it seems like the
initial page state for the tabs has been preserved and used again on
refreshing the page (a bit like it's a static model). I can't figure out
though what needs to be done to fix.

public class IndicatingAjaxTabbedPanel extends AjaxTabbedPanel {

	public IndicatingAjaxTabbedPanel(String id, List<ITab> tabs) {
		super(id, tabs);
	}

	@SuppressWarnings("unchecked")
	@Override
	protected WebMarkupContainer newLink(String linkId, final int index) {
		return new IndicatingAjaxFallbackLink(linkId) {

			@Override
			public void onClick(AjaxRequestTarget target)
                        {
				setSelectedTab(index);
				if (target != null)
				{
					target.add(IndicatingAjaxTabbedPanel.this);
				}
				onAjaxUpdate(target);
			}
		};