wicket-users mailing list archives

From James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>
Subject Re: Wicket and JPA: <i>please</i> a simple way to go
Date Sat, 12 May 2012 19:13:50 GMT
What if people want to use Hibernate?  What if people want to use
Cayenne?  What if people want to use iBatis/myBatis?  What if folks
want to use just plain ole JDBC?

The point is that the "core" of Wicket tries to stay as uncluttered as
possible, relying upon add-on modules to adapt it to other
environments (such as JEE like you're used to).  I would suggest you
take a look at the examples folks are showing you and play with them.
I think you'll find that the boilerplate stuff you have to do drops
off considerably after you get things working the way you want.  There
are even maven archetypes out there (legup is one I think others are
using) to help you get a fully working version set up in no time.