wicket-users mailing list archives

From Brian Mulholland <blmulholl...@gmail.com>
Subject Wicket ListMultipleChoice or DropDownChoice with code/decode
Date Wed, 02 May 2012 12:17:23 GMT
For some reason I am finding that most Wicket examples have select box
examples that offer single dimension arrays.  But most lookup
selection use cases I've ever encountered use a short key or 'code'
that the user does not see, and then a longer descriptive 'decode' for
the user.  The classic being a state lookup using the postal code (MD,
NY, FL, etc) but showing the user a state name (Maryland, New York,
Florida respectively).  What is the usual way to do this?

Brian Mulholland
"For every complex problem, there is an answer that is clear, simple and wrong."
--H.L. Mencken
"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere,
diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedies."
--Groucho Marx