wicket-users mailing list archives

From Heikki Uotinen <Heikki.Uoti...@syncrontech.com>
Subject RE: IE9 Memory leak when updating component with Ajax (Wicket 1.5.5)
Date Wed, 11 Apr 2012 07:46:14 GMT
Hi,

>> it seems that IE9 leaks memory heavily when updating components with Ajax in IE9
document mode.

can anyone confirm if this is Wicket related issue ?

Forcing IE8 document mode will cause some problems in the future.

Our use case is process displays where data comes from automation or other systems and data

is updated frequently and those monitoring displays are open 24/7. Large customers have their

own standards for browsers and versions they are using.

If there are 50 simple text divs on the screen, then updating those every 10 seconds
browser window consumes memory 3Mb in a minute in IE9 document mode, refreshing browser
does not release memory. Normally updates happens more irregular and updating all fields
at once makes user experience less comfortable 'cause there are other actions connected
to those fields (links, tooltips, graphics).

> how exactly did you solve it with jQuery ?

Since this leak seems to be caused by wicket-ajax calls then solution would be bypassing
those, this would be the last resort.