wicket-users mailing list archives

From "Chris Colman" <chr...@stepaheadsoftware.com>
Subject RE: IE redirect error with recent snapshot due to extra './'
Date Wed, 04 Apr 2012 14:44:52 GMT
>Sven has tested this in IE and it worked. It seems it is some
>additional specific which need to find and solve.

My quickstart has comments that specify the additional specific requirements to make it happen
- the app has to be in the context of a virtual host, not just installed in the root 'webapps'
directory. Has he tested it as a web host? I gave a fairly thorough description of how to
set it up to reproduce the error in the JIRA comments.

>The problem with plain 'logon' is that some users use something like:
>'log:on', i.e. there is a colon in the first segment of the redirect
>url. And here ALL browsers confuse that 'log:' is a scheme and they
>try to find a URL handler that can process it. But most of the times
>there is no such...

Using a colon ':' in a path sounds wrong - even though it may be legal. I wouldn't think many
people would do that and I've never seen it before.

I'm not sure if it's a good idea to break a fairly popular (though widely hated) browser in
the rare case that some users use a colon in the path.

Could the patch do a test to see if the path actually contains a ':' before it does its funky
business and if not, just leave the URL as is?

Or could the catering for ':' be a configurable option so that people who don't put colons
in their path could disable it?

>On Wed, Apr 4, 2012 at 4:23 PM, Chris Colman
><chrisc@stepaheadsoftware.com> wrote:
>> Ok, so if we go to
>>
>> /landing
>>
>> And user is not authenticated they get redirected to
>>
>> ./logon (a relative URL)
>>
>> Which is effectively http://mydomain.com/./logon
>>
>> Which IE can't handle but FF and Chrome seem to auto redirect to
>> http://mydomain.com/logon
>>
>> It seems like we can't use the './' trick with IE. Wouldn't simply
>'logon' without the leading './' also be a relative path? Why do we need to
>prefix it with './'?

IE versions

together****

(+61 2) 6100