wicket-users mailing list archives

From Martin Grigorov <mgrigo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Same Variable Shared Before/After Form Submit
Date Tue, 20 Mar 2012 07:38:17 GMT
Hi,

class Param extends WebComponent {
  public Param(String id, String name, IModel value) {
    super(id);
    add(new AttributeModifier("name", name));
    add(new AttributeModifier("value", value));
  }
}

WebMarkupContainer objectElement = new WebMarkupContainer("obj");
objectElement.add(new Param("field1", "entityField1", new
PropertyModel(entity, "field1")))

The 'entity' will be created from the POST parameters after submittion
of the FDF.

On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 5:37 PM, eugenebalt <eugenebalt@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I have a custom HTML object which is an Adobe PDF-Form (FDF). This widget is
> displayed in the "object" tag. Adobe Forms have their own fields and
> buttons.
>
> I've succeeded in displaying this widget by subclassing the
> WebMarkupContainer and setting its properties, as I would for a Flash
> object, for instance, which is not provided by Wicket out of the box.
>
> The next problem for me is associating this custom widget with some kind of
> Model. I need to bind the fields in AdobeForms to a bean, such that when the
> form is submitted and refreshed, the FDF shows the saved form. This happens
> automatically for normal Wicket elements. Now I need to do this manually for
> this custom widget.
>
> How would I nest this custom model inside a form model?
>
> Thanks
>
> --

Martin Grigorov
jWeekend