wicket-users mailing list archives

From vineet semwal <vineetsemwal1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: redirecting in IRequestCyleListener.onException
Date Sun, 04 Mar 2012 15:38:41 GMT
hi martin,
WebPage exceptionPage = new NotifyUserOfException(ex);
 IPageProvider provider = new PageProvider(page);
return new RenderPageRequestHandler(provider /*,
 RenderPageRequestHandler.RedirectPolicy.XYZ */ );

he actually means page instance not found in page store and new page
instance is created ,the above code is breakable in the case when page
has setstatelesshint(true)   or somehow it can also be broken if you
have a zero constructor in error page,you can also reproduce this
problem

page.setstatelesshint(false) will fix the problem as it will guarantee
the page is stored i think

On Sun, Mar 4, 2012 at 6:59 PM, Martin Grigorov <mgrigorov@apache.org> wrote:
> I'm not sure what you mean by "throws away the page". It should work.
>
> On Sat, Mar 3, 2012 at 7:19 PM, Douglas Ferguson <thedug@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I decided to just put the exception in the session and just grab it from there.
>
> Another place to put it is RequestCycle#metaData. This way you wont
> have to clean it.
>

>> Douglas
>>
>> On Mar 3, 2012, at 10:26 AM, vineet semwal wrote:
>>
>>> you should also do page.setStatelessHint(false)
>>>
>>> Page page=new ClientErrorPage(ex);
>>> IPageProvider provider = new PageProvider(page);
>>> page.setStatelessHint(false);
>>> return new RenderPageRequestHandler(provider, RedirectPolicy.ALWAYS_REDIRECT);

do I just return null?

this to redirect to my error page when an exception is thrown.
a new copy of the page rather than using the one I pass in.

= new PageProvider(new ClientErrorPage(ex));
RedirectPolicy.ALWAYS_REDIRECT);

>>> --
>>> thank you,
>>>
>>> regards,