wicket-users mailing list archives

From Martin Grigorov <mgrigo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Stateless and Ajax
Date Wed, 01 Feb 2012 15:21:53 GMT
On Wed, Feb 1, 2012 at 5:04 PM, zlatko99 <zlatko.suslevski@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thank you all involved in this thread. With your help, I managed to build a
> login/registration form, totally stateless and submitted with ajax. (Thanks,
> Robert, for the referenced component, it works really good).
>
> This was a proof of concept for me that such a page could be built in
> Wicket. I want to continue further with my project in a completely stateless
> manner. However, I see my project using many more complicated ajax
> components (ajax-autocomplete, etc.), also incorporating jqwicket library
> for integration with Jquery UI.
>
> Is it possible to continue with this arsenal of stateless ajax components
> (extended jolira) in order to achieve my plan? If I go this route (like the
> login/registration form), can I be optimistic that I can overcome all or
> most of other stateless ajax quirks waiting for me in the future?

I'm thinking of a problem which I'm not sure can be handled by stateless ajax.
A page has a panel and an ajax link that replaces this panel with a
another panel. So far so good.
The new panel also has an ajax link. Clicking on this link will lead
to ComponentNotFoundException I think, because it wont be in the
initial state of the re-created page.

Stateless Ajax users can you try this scenario ?

> I work with Wicket 6.0-SNAPSHOT and Roberts' components nicely fit in my
> environment.

Cool! More users testing the new Ajax impl in Wicket 6.0 !

> Thank you,
> Zlatko
>
> --

Martin Grigorov