wicket-users mailing list archives

From vineet semwal <vineetsemwal1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Stateless and Ajax
Date Thu, 02 Feb 2012 19:24:21 GMT
i am just now trying to program the same thing,this kind of is very
tough to implement if not impossible..
 i am adding the following things in url
1)replaced component markupid
2)replaced with component class name so as to instantiate the
component that replaced old one
 but its constructor/constructors will still have arguments which
again will be needed to store in url and they can be complex too so
kind of very tough to do if not impossible or i am thinking in wrong
direction?

On Wed, Feb 1, 2012 at 10:22 PM, Igor Vaynberg <igor.vaynberg@gmail.com> wrote:
> if you are using stateless ajax links like that then the fact that the
> panel has been replaced should be added as a query parameter so the
> page is reinitialized with the right panel, thats how stateless
> frameworks work :)
>
> -igor
>
> On Wed, Feb 1, 2012 at 7:21 AM, Martin Grigorov <mgrigorov@apache.org> wrote:
>> On Wed, Feb 1, 2012 at 5:04 PM, zlatko99 <zlatko.suslevski@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Thank you all involved in this thread. With your help, I managed to build a
>>> login/registration form, totally stateless and submitted with ajax. (Thanks,
>>> Robert, for the referenced component, it works really good).
>>>
>>> This was a proof of concept for me that such a page could be built in
>>> Wicket. I want to continue further with my project in a completely stateless
>>> manner. However, I see my project using many more complicated ajax
>>> components (ajax-autocomplete, etc.), also incorporating jqwicket library
>>> for integration with Jquery UI.
>>>
>>> Is it possible to continue with this arsenal of stateless ajax components
>>> (extended jolira) in order to achieve my plan? If I go this route (like the
>>> login/registration form), can I be optimistic that I can overcome all or
>>> most of other stateless ajax quirks waiting for me in the future?
>>>

>> I'm thinking of a problem which I'm not sure can be handled by stateless ajax.
>> A page has a panel and an ajax link that replaces this panel with a
>> another panel. So far so good.
>> The new panel also has an ajax link. Clicking on this link will lead
>> to ComponentNotFoundException I think, because it wont be in the
>> initial state of the re-created page.
>>
>> Stateless Ajax users can you try this scenario ?
>>
>>> I work with Wicket 6.0-SNAPSHOT and Roberts' components nicely fit in my
>>> environment.
>>
>> Cool! More users testing the new Ajax impl in Wicket 6.0 !
>>

>>> Thank you,
>>> Zlatko
>>>
>>> --
>>>

>> --