wicket-users mailing list archives

From "Chris Colman" <chr...@stepaheadsoftware.com>
Subject RE: Header contribution from a component resolved via an IComponentResolver
Date Tue, 14 Feb 2012 06:33:45 GMT
Added a JIRA for this:

If I explicitly add the component to the parent it works but I can't do
this in our app.

________________________________

From: Chris Colman [mailto:chrisc@stepaheadsoftware.com]
Sent: Tuesday, 14 February 2012 4:11 PM
To: users@wicket.apache.org
Subject: Header contribution from a component resolved via an
IComponentResolver

Is header contribution meant to work when a component is not added
directly but added but added via an IComponentResolver?

I have component and have added a renderHead override:

Class MyComponent extends Panel
{
/**
 * Write out necessary header markup.
 */
@Override
public void renderHead(IHeaderResponse response)
{
    StringBuffer sb = new StringBuffer();

    sb.append("<script src=\"/jquery.easing.1.3.min.js\"></script>");
    sb.append("<script src=\"/trans-banner.min.js\"></script>");

    response.renderString(sb.toString());
}
}

But this method is never called. Is header contribution meant to work
this easily or am I missing something?

Using latest 1.5.x snapshot.

Yours sincerely,

Chris Colman

Pagebloom Team Leader,
Step Ahead Software

pagebloom - your business & your website growing together

Sydney:           (+61 2) 9656 1278     Canberra: (+61 2) 6100 2120
Email: chrisc@stepahead.com.au <mailto://chrisc@stepahead.com.au>
Website:
http://www.pagebloom.com <blocked::http://www.pagebloom.com/>
http://develop.stepaheadsoftware.com