wicket-users mailing list archives

From pkc <pkci...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Wicket Ajax direction and roadmap regarding push-like updates
Date Mon, 06 Feb 2012 19:33:11 GMT
It is a tricky topic because what can be done from the wicket api level
doesn't have to use true push for the default implementation.  I don't like
the push solutions out there.  Ice-push looked promising because of the hype
but after issues with memory leaks and overly complicated requirements,  I
switched to jQuery and two rest-style request handlers and it was so simple
(one url for status updates and one for the request that is taking a long
time).  I don't know why there is resistance to a default wicket push
interface that works with jquery or pure ajax to provide a default
implementation.  I bet most wicket developers would welcome a simple
solution like this.  Especially if the wicket team made the interface
flexible enough to plugin alternate push solutions as they become standard.