wicket-users mailing list archives

From Taneli Korri <tko...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Hide page version query parameters
Date Mon, 02 Jan 2012 06:18:27 GMT
On Sat, Dec 31, 2011 at 4:31 PM, Martin Grigorov <mgrigorov@apache.org> wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 31, 2011 at 2:29 PM, Taneli Korri <tkorri@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Sat, Dec 31, 2011 at 9:09 AM, Martin Grigorov <mgrigorov@apache.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> This is not correct.
>>> The page id is encoded in the url only for stateful pages. Make your
>>> page stateless and it wont be there.
>>>

>> OK, thanks for the info.
>>
>> If I remember correctly, in Wicket 1.4 stateful pages had also clean
>> urls if the page was mounted to a certain path, i.e. the page version
>> number was stored somewhere behind the scenes. I'm guessing this isn't
>> possible anymore in Wicket 1.5?
>
> Everything is possible.
> The new IRequestMapper are easily extensible and you can even use your own one.
> By default this special parameter is set so when the user presses F5
> (Refresh) the page Wicket will deliver the same version of the page.
> Otherwise a new instance will be created without the knowledge of the
> exact version.
>
> Why do you want to hide this parameter ?

Plain and simple, I like clean urls that can be bookmarked.

Also some of the search engine bots save the crawled urls (with
parameters) and try to access them at a later time. I found this out
when I updated one of my sites and now I'm seeing a lot of 500
Internal error responses in my web server logs.

Regards,
Taneli Korri