wicket-users mailing list archives

From Allen Gilbert <allen.gilb...@doane.edu>
Subject Updating a child of a transparent resolver via ajax
Date Thu, 03 Nov 2011 01:23:35 GMT

Following Igor's example at
I am trying to paint only the latest item added to a repeater.
Although the sample project from the article worked, I could not get
the approach to work on my page in my environment, as it failed with
the following error:

org.apache.wicket.WicketRuntimeException: Unable to find the markup
for the component. That may be due to transparent containers or
components implementing IComponentResolver: [MarkupContainer
[Component id = 3]]

After a bit of investigation, I realized that this error is related to
the fact that my repeating view's [eventual] parent is a transparent
resolver. To illustrate the problem, I modified the code in the sample
project from the article mentioned above and posted it here:

Is there any way I can get around this issue short of ensuring that
the repeater's parent is not a transparent resolver?

Thanks for your help!