wicket-users mailing list archives

From Igor Vaynberg <igor.vaynb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Can I develop without recompiling/restarting after every change?
Date Thu, 03 Jun 2010 17:19:37 GMT
On Thu, Jun 3, 2010 at 1:57 AM,  <bht@actrix.gen.nz> wrote:
> Martijn,
>
> You are making a *lot* of assumptions.
>
> Not everybody uses Eclipse.
>
> Nobody in this thread would consider restarts acceptable, still we are
> using this subject.
>
> HTML files location has to do with performance in the developing
> process depending on how the IDE handles the files.
>
> Please advise how to configure the NetBeans IDE to redeploy a HTML
> file in a Java package in a J2EE app server with the same speed as
> HTML files in the web directory (milliseconds not seconds).

launch the Start class supplied by quickstart and archetype to launch
the application from netbeans in debug mode. this will get you jvm
hotswapping for changes you make to java code.

for resources add lines like these to your application.init()

getResourceSettings().addResourceFolder("src/main/java");
getResourceSettings().addResourceFolder("src/main/resources");

the lines above are for a project using maven layout, if you use a
different layout adjust the paths.

this will get you reloading of markup and property files.

to adjust the frequency of reloading set it in resource settings,
although i doubt it takes you less then a second to switch from your
ide to the browser and hit refresh after you make a change.

-igor