wicket-users mailing list archives

From Uwe Schäfer <schae...@thomas-daily.de>
Subject Re: Wicket JavaScript Library Integration - A Common Base
Date Fri, 19 Mar 2010 16:02:26 GMT
Cemal Bayramoglu schrieb:

dear Cemal,

> I was thinking that it could possibly be sensible to have another
> project where we abstract out the mechanisms wiQuery provides for
> resources and JavaScript statements.

i have no idea of how wiQuery does it, but i strongly agree to the
urgent need of a standard base for JS-lib integration.

 > People could then build on this
 > base to integrate their preferred JavaScript libraries (eg YUI, extJS,
 > Prototype ...). I would even see wiQuery being potentially refactored
 > to use such a base framework.
 >
 > Any thoughts?

the problem arises quickly when you try to use two components using
different (because of being bundled) versions of jquery (or anything
else) on the same page.

i think the responsibility of that lib would be to act as a mediator to
which version of the javascript to use as well as making sure, there is
only one reference within a page.

there has to be a standard within wicket, that every component-author
can agree on.

from my pov wicketstuff-core/jslib could have been such a thing (even
though it violates open/close principle as sven nicely put), but
whatever approach reaches consensus, i´d be more than happy to help.

cu uwe

--
THOMAS DAILY GmbH
Adlerstraße 19

Geschäftsführer/Managing Directors:
Wendy Thomas, Susanne Larbig
Handelsregister Freiburg i.Br., HRB 3947

Registrieren Sie sich unter http://www.signin.thomas-daily.de für die
kostenfreien TD Morning News, eine  Auswahl aktueller Themen des Tages
morgens um 9:00 in Ihrer Mailbox.

Hinweis: Der Redaktionsschluss für unsere TD Morning News ist täglich um
8:30 Uhr. Es werden vorrangig Informationen berücksichtigt, die nach
16:00 Uhr des Vortages eingegangen sind. Die Email-Adresse unserer
Redaktion lautet redaktion@thomas-daily.de.

To receive the free TD News International – a selection of the day’s top
issues delivered to your mail box every day – please register at
www.signin.thomas-daily.de

Please note: Information received for our TD News International after 4
p.m. will be given priority for publication the following day. The daily
editorial deadline is 8:30 a.m. You can reach our editorial staff at
redaktion@thomas-daily.de.