wicket-users mailing list archives

From Mansour Al Akeel <mansour.alak...@gmail.com>
Subject Hello World Portlet
Date Sun, 03 Jan 2010 09:13:05 GMT
I am trying to understand portlets using wicket. I read on multiple
resources, that wicket supports JSR 286 in a transparent way. However,
I can not see any reference to a simple portlet application to adopt
as the basis for my project and build on top of it.
I have checked out the examples from the svn "wicket-examples" and
ran the application with the embeded jetty. But I was not able to find
the portlet application runing. After all I find the
WicketExamplesMenuPortlet is a bit unclear to me
.
What I find unclear, is the way it functions. It extends a wicker
portlet, but the application is ran from WebApplication instance that
mounts EditPage, HeaderPage, and doesn't seem to have any direct link
to the WicketPortlet.

Any hint ?