wicket-users mailing list archives

From Andreas Maza <andr.m...@gmail.com>
Subject DefaultObjectStreamFactory | Re: AccessControlException with Wicket on Google App Engine (GAE)
Date Mon, 02 Nov 2009 09:47:53 GMT
just to circumvent the problem for a while, I am thinking of the
following workaround:

what would be the implications if I change the implementation of
IObjectStreamFactor.DefaultObjectStreamFactory so that
newObjectInputStream() and newObjectOutputStream return the regular  JDK
ObjectInputStream and ObjectOutputStream, respectively?

To my mind, this would eliminate the AccessControlException problem
since I am not subclassing ObjectInputStream and ObjectOutputStream.

thanks,
andr

On 30.10.2009 10:27, A. Maza wrote:
> yes, except the fact that I am trying to use a Memcache-based
> implementation of the IPageStore instead of the HTTPSessionStore
> (based on the TerracottaPageStore. However, in my case the exception
> occurs when I am trying to serialize the page using the provided
> method of the AbstractPageStore.
>
> The exception of the second stacktrace I posted was reported by
> another user in the GAE forum [1], but happening in a totally
> different scenario.
>
> In my initial post I forgot the link to the issue I have opened on the
> GAE project site. [2]
>
> I am using Wicket 1.4.3 (I have also tried it with 1.4.2) and the
> latest GAE SDK (1.2.6)
>
> regards,
> andr
>

> [1]
> <http://groups.google.com/group/google-appengine-java/browse_thread/thread/b80648c126778ef5/0a259ba5bba8078f?lnk=gst&q=wicket+accesscontrolexception#0a259ba5bba8078f>

> [2] <http://code.google.com/p/googleappengine/issues/detail?id=2334>
>

> On 29.10.2009 21:56, Esteban Masoero wrote:
>> I'm sure the answer is "yes" but to be sure: have you done everything
>> that is said here
>> http://stronglytypedblog.blogspot.com/2009/04/wicket-on-google-app-engine.html
>>
>> ?
>> Also, what versions of gae sdk and wicket are you using?
>>
>> A. Maza escribió:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I've encountered now (and have seen reported by other users) several
>>> different cases where Wicket on GAE throws an AccessControlException
>>> when serializing an object to a byte array.
>>>
>>> Although this is clearly an issue of GAE permissions, I would like to
>>> ask if someone could give me a hint, why this exception occurs or if
>>> someone may know a workaround. I've already filed an issue for this on
>>> the GAE project site [1] and would forward any findings of the wicket
>>> community.
>>>
>>> Below I include snippets of two different stacktraces.
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance,
>>> andr
>>>

>>> <snip1>
>>>
>>> java.security.AccessControlException: access denied
>>> (java.io.SerializablePermission enableSubclassImplementation)
>>> at
>>> java.security.AccessControlContext.checkPermission(AccessControlContext.java:323)

>>> at
>>> java.security.AccessController.checkPermission(AccessController.java:546)
>>>
>>> at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkPermission(SecurityManager.java:532)
>>> at
>>> com.google.appengine.tools.development.DevAppServerFactory$CustomSecurityManager.checkPermission(DevAppServerFactory.java:151)

>>> at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.<init>(ObjectOutputStream.java:253)
>>> at
>>> org.apache.wicket.util.io.IObjectStreamFactory$DefaultObjectStreamFactory$2.<init>(IObjectStreamFactory.java:150)

>>> at
>>> org.apache.wicket.util.io.IObjectStreamFactory$DefaultObjectStreamFactory.newObjectOutputStream(IObjectStreamFactory.java:114)

>>> at
>>> org.apache.wicket.util.lang.Objects.objectToByteArray(Objects.java:1111)
>>>
>>> at
>>> org.apache.wicket.protocol.http.pagestore.AbstractPageStore.serializePage(AbstractPageStore.java:203)

>>> </snip1>
>>>
>>> <snip2>
>>> (java.io.SerializablePermission enableSubstitution)
>>> at java.security.AccessControlContext.checkPermission
>>> (AccessControlContext.java:264)
>>> at java.security.AccessController.checkPermission
>>> (AccessController.java:427)
>>> at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkPermission(SecurityManager.java:
>>> 532)
>>> at com.google.appengine.tools.development.DevAppServerFactory
>>> $CustomSecurityManager.checkPermission(DevAppServerFactory.java:122)
>>> at java.io.ObjectOutputStream.enableReplaceObject
>>> (ObjectOutputStream.java:556)
>>> at org.apache.wicket.util.lang.Objects
>>> $ReplaceObjectOutputStream.<init>(Objects.java:179)
>>> at org.apache.wicket.util.lang.Objects
>>> $ReplaceObjectOutputStream.<init>(Objects.java:170)
>>> at org.apache.wicket.util.lang.Objects.cloneModel(Objects.java:442)
>>> at org.apache.wicket.version.undo.ModelChange.<init>(ModelChange.java:
>>> 103)
>>> at org.apache.wicket.version.undo.ChangeList.componentModelChanging
>>> (ChangeList.java:64)
>>> at
>>> org.apache.wicket.version.undo.UndoPageVersionManager.componentModelChangin­g

>>> (UndoPageVersionManager.java:123)
>>> at org.apache.wicket.Page.componentModelChanging(Page.java:1555)
>>> at org.apache.wicket.Component.modelChanging(Component.java:2197)
>>> at org.apache.wicket.Component.setDefaultModelObject(Component.java:
>>> 3020)
>>> at