wicket-users mailing list archives

From Stephen Nelson <step...@eccostudio.com>
Subject Custom session is null
Date Thu, 01 Oct 2009 13:47:22 GMT
Hello Wicket Users,

I'm a beginner to wicket having previously used Spring MVC and Struts
1/2 so definitely from the other side as far as web frameworks go!

Anyway I have a custom session to store a logged-in user; a panel
component which performs the login; and a form web page.

I'm using Wicket 1.4.1 on Glassfish 2.x and Spring 2.5.6 to hook it
all together.

I have bookmarkable pages for the login and the form page.

Anyway when I deploy the app I go to login. This works fine and I have
logger statements when storing the user in the session. Now I go to
the form page, which after clicking submit, checks if you're logged
in. This test fails and I'm asked to login. If I now do a further
login I can return to this form page and it functions as expected. I'm
not sure why this session object is null the first time around.

If you want me to provide a few code snippets I can.

Many thanks

Stephen