wicket-users mailing list archives

From Jeremy Thomerson <jer...@wickettraining.com>
Subject RE: Can't add a Form component to an Item in RefreshingView!?
Date Fri, 03 Jul 2009 12:37:02 GMT
Hard to help you without seeing code / markup.

Jeremy Thomerson
http://www.wickettraining.com
-- sent from a wireless device

-----Original Message-----
From: Philip Watson <philip.john.watson@gmail.com>
Sent: Friday, July 03, 2009 3:23 AM
To: users@wicket.apache.org
Subject: Can't add a Form component to an Item in RefreshingView!?

I'm new to Wicket. I'm a little impatient with this one... so here goes.

I have a RefreshingView, with each item getting a Fragment component
added to it in the populateItem() method. Each of these Fragment
components only contain Labels. All is well here.

However, whenever I add a single Fragment component that contains a
Form I get an exception: "java.lang.ClassCastException:
org.apache.wicket.markup.RawMarkup cannot be cast to
org.apache.wicket.markup.ComponentTag"

What I'm trying to do here is when an item is selected on a list, it
renders the selected item as a Form to be edited rather than being
displayed in labels. Only ONE line is selected at a time, so only need
the one form showing. Everything else is fine... Java/markup hierarchy
match, model usage is all good. I can get the Fragment component
containing the form to work outside a RefreshingView. So obviously it
has trouble rendering Forms inside a RefreshingView repeater. Can't
work it out.

Any help will be much appreciated.