wicket-users mailing list archives

From Timo Rantalaiho <Timo.Rantala...@ri.fi>
Subject Re: updating a page when external event occurs
Date Mon, 01 Dec 2008 12:27:56 GMT
On Mon, 01 Dec 2008, marino wrote:
> I have a simple wicket application built around the DefaulDataTable example.
> In the same program I have an  Event Listener class which is called outside
> the wicket application context. This class produces data that I would like
> to show
> in the current wicket page, but when I call any operation like add(),
> replaceWith() ..

Could you show us some code please? "Outside the Wicket
application context" sounds strange, does it mean another
thread?

> WicketRuntimeException: There is no application attached to current thread

Just about everything that you do with Wicket components
needs a couple of ThreadLocal variables initialised, the most
important of them being the Application (with Application.set() ).
But to know how to fix your issue exactly we need more data.

WicketSessionFilter might help.

Best wishes,
Timo

--