wicket-users mailing list archives

From Timo Rantalaiho <Timo.Rantala...@ri.fi>
Subject Re: ajax event handler with a textfield .. .
Date Thu, 03 Jul 2008 04:37:18 GMT
On Thu, 03 Jul 2008, Rakesh Sinha wrote:
> I tried something similar to this .. It works.
> txtAge.add(new AjaxFormComponentUpdatingBehavior("onkeyup") {

This works otherwise but does not detect cut and paste done
with mouse.

> The question is - can this be the fastest way of doing this...

What do you mean by "fastest"? Least amount of code, most
performant or some other thing?

Probably you can trim your code a bit but the basic idea
is like that. Instead of passing the error message around
you could make your Label use a pull model.

Plain javascript should be faster than Ajax, but then you
obviously cannot check anything on the server side.

Best wishes,
Timo