wicket-users mailing list archives

From "Eyal Golan" <egola...@gmail.com>
Subject What is Wicket? from WIA
Date Sun, 01 Jun 2008 20:53:03 GMT
Hi,
I read chapter 1 in Wicket in Action and I have a question.
in section 1.2.1 it says:
"You can get rid of all of these problems  by using Wicket.  It  is  a
stateful framework,  so you
don't have  to follow  the REST  (though you can,  but we will  talk about
that  later  in this  book)
approach. The main idea behind REST is scalability. Fine. But let me make a
bold statement here:
Very often, REST is premature optimization."

Wicket is my first Web Framework and I was wondering if someone can explain
why Wicket solves the REST problem (which I understood the problem itself).
Is it because in Wicket we don;t need to pass parameters in the request? And
instead we create pages with the necessary information? (or something like
that)

Thank

--
Eyal Golan