wicket-users mailing list archives

From wenm ...@tdc.dk>
Subject problem when reading properties file
Date Mon, 02 Jun 2008 09:34:38 GMT

I want to read a properties file test.properties, and show the value which is
defined in properties file in a lable. But I can't read the properties file

I have tried
property.load(ClassLoader.getSystemResourceAsStream("test.properties"));
property.load(this.getClass().getClassLoader().getResourceAsStream("test.properties"));
property.load(PackageResource.get(test.class,
"test.properties").getResourceStream().getInputStream());
property.load(((WebApplication)
Application.get()).getServletContext().getResourceAsStream("test.properties"));

But it always generate null point error
java.lang.NullPointerException
 at java.util.Properties$LineReader.readLine(Properties.java:365)
at java.util.Properties.load(Properties.java:293)

Then I tried to test reading in main method, and it works fine there.
public static void main(String[] args){
          Properties property = new Properties();
          try {

property.load(ClassLoader.getSystemResourceAsStream("test.properties"));
                     } catch (IOException e) {
            e.printStackTrace(); }
          System.out.println(property.getProperty("a key"));
     }

Really can't understand why. Did I do something in wrong way? Thanks for any
help or sugestion.