wicket-dev mailing list archives

From Martijn Dashorst <martijn.dasho...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Deprecate Component#onMarkupAttached() ?
Date Tue, 31 Jan 2012 17:38:20 GMT
On Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 5:44 PM, Martin Grigorov <mgrigorov@apache.org> wrote:
> Now I think Component#onMarkupAttached() becomes obsolete.
> #onInitialize() serves the same purpose,
> Should we deprecate it in 1.5.x and remove it in 6.0 ?

AFAIK the proper way of deprecating would be to deprecate in 6.0 and
remove in 7.0, if we are going to utilize semver.

That said, 1.5 doesn't use semver, #onMarkupAttached() seems like a
method that is not often overridden in user code. In my workspace with
about 1M lines of code, 1k pages and 10k Java files there is only one
component that overrides the onMarkupAttached method:
org.apache.wicket.MarkupContainer.

So +1 to deprecate 1.5.x and remove in 6.0

Martijn