wicket-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Grigorov <mgrigo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Roadmap for Wicket 6
Date Wed, 31 Aug 2011 14:58:50 GMT
On Wed, Aug 31, 2011 at 4:10 PM, Peter Ertl <pertl@gmx.org> wrote:
> Ok, so since this is brainstorming time I can probably ask for cool features without
getting punished :-)

> - partial ajax updates on repeaters (insert/modify/delete)
> - some kind of intuitive support from wicket to synchronize access to session or page
data when processing multiple, concurrent ajax requests
> - easier interaction between javascript and page with less magic. Especially I would
love to have stable urls for ajax callbacks that are relative to the page.

> [disclaimer]  consider the following example just non-functional(!) pseudo(!) code to
get the idea what I mean... no idea if this could possibly work ... please excuse if this
is complete b**s** :-)

> EXAMPLE....
>
> public class CheckoutPage extends WebPage
> {
>        private OrderLineItems items;
>        private PaymentMethod payment;
>
>        public CheckoutPage()
>        {
>                mountPageResponder("order/items", new PageResponder()
>                {
>                        @Override
>                    public void onGet(Request request, Response response)
>                          {
>                                  // convert order line items into json
>                                  // send json to client
>                           }
>                });
>                mountPageResponder("payment/change", new PageResponder()
>                {
>                        @Override
>                    public void onPost(Request request, Response response)
>                         {
>                             // move : request.getParameter("method") ->
this.payment
>                          }
>                });
>        }
> }
>
> So gettting the shopping items from within javascript in the checkout page with jQuery
would simply be

>  $.get("order/items", function(data) {
>    // process order line item data and refresh markup
>  })
>
> Change the payment method to master card:
>
>  $.ajax({ type: 'POST', url: "payment/change", data: { method: 'master-card' }, success:
updatePaymentInfoCallback, error: showError )

> (please excuse possibly errors in the above javascript)
>
> so no need for stuff like this:
>
>                add(new Behavior()
>                {
>                        @Override
>                        public void renderHead(Component component, IHeaderResponse
response)
>                        {
>                           response.renderOnLoadJavaScript("initCheckoutScript('"
+ urlFor(someListener) + "');");
>                        }
>                })
I use templates for this (PackageTextTemplate and Co.). Works like a charm.

> Cheers
> Peter
>

> Am 31.08.2011 um 14:26 schrieb Korbinian Bachl - privat:
>
>> My wish list:
>>
>> 1. Java 6
>>
>> 2. JEE6 where possible like e.g. CDI;
>>
>> 3. Modularization using OSGI
>>
>> 4. AJAX overhaul: currently Ajax is a pain in case it gets more complicated as one
>> -> needs to add components to target AND page hierarchy;
>> -> needs to do .setOutput****Id(true) all over
>> -> can't touch "invisible" containers in e.g.: DataTable
>>
>> 5. look at side-efforts done by matej, igor and co to bring the nice things to wicket
and enhance/ or replace the affected counterparts of wicket (e.g.: DataTable vs. InMethod
Grid; bindgen-wicket etc.)

>> 6. Not 100% sure: let the HTML templates feed via a single place so one can switch
to e.g. a JCR implementation - however, I dont know how this could work in conjunction with
added jars etc. to path. Idea is to allow the templates to live outside the java part (e.g.:
CMS);

>> 7. @RequireHTTPS logic overhaul (currently: either must use SSL or mustn't use SSL,
no "may use SSL");

>> Am 30.08.11 00:12, schrieb Martijn Dashorst:
>>> In order to start discussing what will constitute Wicket Next and
>>> where we want to take our beloved framework, I'll start off with my
>>> wish list:
>>>
>>> 1. Java 6 as a minimum requirement for *all* of wicket
>>> 2. Servlet API 3.0 as a minimum requirement
>>> 3. JavaEE 6 support for at least CDI
>>> 4. Proper OSGi support
>>> 5. Ajax refactoring to use JQuery and provide proper JQuery integration in core

--
Martin Grigorov
jWeekend