wicket-dev mailing list archives

From tetsuo <ronald.tet...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Roadmap for Wicket 6
Date Wed, 31 Aug 2011 13:40:39 GMT
- Refactor things out of WicketFilter (and removing any direct dependency on
it from the core processing), so that we could tweak the request processing
cycle (more low-level things, that are not possible with
RequestCycleListeners) without having to patch its source code. The way
things are now, it is a big blob of code with lots of private/final methods,
impossible to customize.

On Wed, Aug 31, 2011 at 10:33 AM, tetsuo <ronald.tetsuo@gmail.com> wrote:

> - I echo the .setOutput*() thing. There should be some global setting for
> these.
>
> - some preparation for Java 8/closures support (Single-Method Interfaces)
>
> - more/refined debug tools
>
> - revive portlet support
>

> On Wed, Aug 31, 2011 at 9:26 AM, Korbinian Bachl - privat <
> korbinian.bachl@whiskyworld.de> wrote:
>
>> My wish list:
>>
>> 1. Java 6
>>
>> 2. JEE6 where possible like e.g. CDI;
>>
>> 3. Modularization using OSGI
>>
>> 4. AJAX overhaul: currently Ajax is a pain in case it gets more
>> complicated as one
>> -> needs to add components to target AND page hierarchy;
>> -> needs to do .setOutput****Id(true) all over
>> -> can't touch "invisible" containers in e.g.: DataTable
>>
>> 5. look at side-efforts done by matej, igor and co to bring the nice
>> things to wicket and enhance/ or replace the affected counterparts of wicket
>> (e.g.: DataTable vs. InMethod Grid; bindgen-wicket etc.)
>>
>> 6. Not 100% sure: let the HTML templates feed via a single place so one
>> can switch to e.g. a JCR implementation - however, I dont know how this
>> could work in conjunction with added jars etc. to path. Idea is to allow the
>> templates to live outside the java part (e.g.: CMS);
>>
>> 7. @RequireHTTPS logic overhaul (currently: either must use SSL or mustn't
>> use SSL, no "may use SSL");
>>

>> Am 30.08.11 00:12, schrieb Martijn Dashorst:
>>
>>  In order to start discussing what will constitute Wicket Next and
>>> where we want to take our beloved framework, I'll start off with my
>>> wish list:
>>>
>>> 1. Java 6 as a minimum requirement for *all* of wicket
>>> 2. Servlet API 3.0 as a minimum requirement
>>> 3. JavaEE 6 support for at least CDI
>>> 4. Proper OSGi support