wicket-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Martin Grigorov <mgrigo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1033843 - in /wicket/trunk/wicket/src: main/java/org/apache/wicket/markup/html/ main/java/org/apache/wicket/resource/ main/java/org/apache/wicket/resource/aggregation/ main/java/org/apache/wicket/resource/dependencies/ main/java/org/
Date Fri, 12 Nov 2010 10:36:57 GMT
Hi Peter,

I agree for renderXYZResourceReference(), but in this test it uses
renderJavascript(String url).

On Fri, Nov 12, 2010 at 11:12 AM, Peter Ertl <pertl@gmx.org> wrote:

> Now guess what?!
>
> You already got timestamps in the url for free (I did some work on caching
> recently :-)
>
> You just have to override
>
>  ResourceReference#getLastModified()
>
> and return a non-null time value which will automatically become part of
> the url...
>
> The url will look something like this
>
>  <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"
> href="wicket/resource/my.sample.pages.HomePage/foo-ts1289556202970.css" />
>
> With response headers something like:
>
> Expires: Sat, 12 Nov 2011 10:02:45 GMT
> Cache-Control: public, max-age=31536000000
>
> So it's cached very aggresively
>
> Having different urls for the same file (via changing timestamps) will
> guarantee it's not already cached when the content changes
>
> This behavior can be enabled/disable globally by
> Settings#setUseTimestampOnResources()
>
> Also see the javadoc for some explanation
>
> I also wrote a WIKI entry:
>
>   https://cwiki.apache.org/WICKET/caching-in-wicket-15.html
>
>
> Sample code:
>
>                add(new AbstractBehavior()
>                {
>                        @Override
>                        public void renderHead(IHeaderResponse response)
>                        {
>                                final HashMap<String,Object> vars = new
> HashMap<String, Object>();
>                                vars.put("url", "http://wicket.apache.org
> ");
>                                response.renderCSSReference(new
> TextTemplateResourceReference(ShopHomePage.class, "foo.css", new
> Model(vars))
>                                {
>                                        @Override
>                                        public Time getLastModified()
>                                        {
>                                                // never cached on re-render
> (however this is quite stupid)
>                                                // you should only change
> the timestamp when the content (-> variables) change
>                                                return Time.now();
>                                        }
>                                });
>                        }
>                });
>
>
> > The problem with reusing the same url for different request/responses is
> > that the browser (private cache) or public caches can decide to use the
> > cached response from previous request and thus the new JSON will never be
> > used. Unless there is 'random' parameter in the URL which will solve the
> > problem with #wasRendered().
>
>
>
>
>
> Am 12.11.2010 um 09:10 schrieb Martin Grigorov:
>
> > Hi Jeremy,
> >
> > On Fri, Nov 12, 2010 at 12:57 AM, Jeremy Thomerson
> > <jrthomerson@apache.org>wrote:
> >
> >>
> >>
> >> On Thu, Nov 11, 2010 at 6:02 PM, Jeremy Thomerson <
> jrthomerson@apache.org>wrote:
> >>
> >>> On Thu, Nov 11, 2010 at 4:04 AM, Martin Grigorov <mgrigorov@apache.org
> >wrote:
> >>>
> >>>> Notice that I touched AjaxHeaderContributionPage2_ajax_expected.html
> and
> >>>> removed expected javascript header contribution after Ajax request.
> >>>> I think this is the proper fix because this JS url is already
> contributed
> >>>> by normal (non-Ajax) page load and it should not be redelivered later
> by
> >>>> Ajax contributions.
> >>>>
> >>>
> >> So, the strange thing is that what makes this fail is that close() is
> now
> >> called after the component hierarchy traversal.  The fact that it was
> not
> >> being called before really seems like a bug.  But, closing it stops this
> >> contribution from being rendered because it is rendered after the header
> >> response is closed (and is therefore skipped).
> >>
> >> So, I have a couple questions:
> >>
> >>   1. First - is your statement above correct?  If I add a css file in
> the
> >>   page, and then contribute the same URL via AJAX, should it be added to
> the
> >>   page a second time?  You say no, but it appears that we've been
> testing to
> >>   make sure that it is.  I think there could be cases where it should -
> what
> >>   if that URL returns dynamic css (js, etc) that has changed since the
> page
> >>   was originally loaded?  It could be JSON, for instance, that has
> changed.
> >>
> >> org.apache.wicket.markup.html.IHeaderResponse.wasRendered(Object) checks
> > whether something is already rendered.
> > Maybe my understanding is wrong and this method checks only for the
> current
> > request/response.
> > wicket-ajax.js also does some filtering in that area but I have to
> re-check
> > the code before saying something.
> > The problem with reusing the same url for different request/responses is
> > that the browser (private cache) or public caches can decide to use the
> > cached response from previous request and thus the new JSON will never be
> > used. Unless there is 'random' parameter in the URL which will solve the
> > problem with #wasRendered().
> >
> > About the test itself: for the Ajax request it returns "javascriptB".
> What
> > exactly is "B"?! Reading the test I cannot explain this right now.
> >
> >>
> >>   1. Second - there's some strange order of operations happening here
> >>   that's causing this.  I am about to walk out the door and haven't had
> a
> >>   chance to fully investigate why this is happening.  I wonder why
> >>   AjaxHeaderContribution2 overrides renderHead(HtmlHeaderContainer
> >>   container) rather than implementing the normal IHeaderContributor
> >>   method.  Anybody know off the top of their head?
> >>
> >> Jeremy
> >>
>
>

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message