wicket-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Thomerson <jer...@wickettraining.com>
Subject Re: line wrap length (Was: Re: svn commit: r1031086 [1/14] - in /wicket/trunk: ./ archetypes/quickstart/.settings/ testing/wicket-threadtest/.settings/ wicket-auth-roles/.settings/ wicket-datetime/.settings/ wicket-examples/.settings/ wicket-extensio
Date Sat, 06 Nov 2010 04:49:29 GMT
On Fri, Nov 5, 2010 at 3:35 AM, Martijn Dashorst <martijn.dashorst@gmail.com
> wrote:

> I'd rather not go beyond 100, or if forced 120. Trying to stuff too
> much into one line especially with nested ifs/fors/whiles is a really
> big code smell. If you need 160 characters to read the whole code,
> then refactor the code.
>
> Martijn

Bah :)  Okay, a few have said they don't like it that long, so I'll keep
coping.  I would personally like any bump we can make, even if it's to
120....  We use long, descriptive class names (I use really long ones, too),
so sometimes you end up not even getting a local variable declaration and
all of the constructor on one line, and that annoys me.

But, I'll keep on keeping on!

--
Jeremy Thomerson
http://wickettraining.com