wicket-dev mailing list archives

From Carl-Eric Menzel <cmen...@wicketbuch.de>
Subject Re: JRebel and wicket
Date Thu, 18 Nov 2010 13:13:56 GMT
On Thu, 18 Nov 2010 13:52:32 +0100
Martijn Dashorst <martijn.dashorst@gmail.com> wrote:

> Now we could ask folks to use addOrReplace() instead of add(), or we
> could relax the multi add restriction to alleviate this problem.
> I wouldn't be against relaxing add() and deprecating addOrReplace().
> Now calling onInitialize again on a constructed component might open
> up another can of worms.
> Is this something worth pursuing? Or should we just write an article
> with how to do jrebel no-redeploy wicket coding?

Good question. So far I'm +0.5 on just documenting it.

Is it widespread enough to warrant changing the way Wicket works just to
cater to a non-free(!) development tool? It seems to me that it would
rather be an issue for the JRebel guys to address within their product.

I'm not using JRebel at the moment, but according to what James wrote,
it seems to work nicely even without this.

View raw message