wicket-dev mailing list archives

From Sam Stainsby <...@sustainablesoftware.com.au>
Subject Re: taking the I out of Interface
Date Sat, 03 Oct 2009 05:00:56 GMT
+1
(non-binding)

The 'I' is inconsistent with standard Java libraries (example: there is
no IList, IMap, IIterable etc. in java.util) and I suspect many other
Java projects.

A more minor consideration is that for the small but growing number of
people that use Wicket through Scala, where you have 'traits' instead of
interfaces and abstract classes. The distinction between interfaces and
classes in Scala is even more blurred in the Java language. It probably
not a concern of Wicket, but I'll put it out there anyway, for interest's
sake if nothing else.

-- Sam.