wicket-dev mailing list archives

From James Carman <jcar...@carmanconsulting.com>
Subject Re: taking the I out of Interface
Date Sat, 03 Oct 2009 12:37:52 GMT
For the record, I'm -1 also (non-binding of course).  We have to be
careful here.  Tapestry got a bad reputation for changing things way
too much between major revisions and leaving their users out in the
cold.  It's one of the reasons I'm in the "Wicket World" these days.
By no means do I want to stifle innovation or anything, but breaking
compatibility should come with a rather big value-add.  In this case,
I agree that the "I" is ugly and I actually hate it, but how much is
it actually going to improve a Wicket user's day-to-day coding with
Wicket.  Is it going to save hundreds of lines of code?  Is it going
to save 20 minutes of development time per day?