wicket-dev mailing list archives

From jWeekend <jweekend_for...@cabouge.com>
Subject Re: taking the I out of Interface
Date Mon, 05 Oct 2009 17:06:54 GMT

+1
I agree, names like IThing and ThingImpl can be a sign of not thinking too
hard about naming things (and even a rush to get coding without enough
thought put into design -  but that's a long story). For me, dropping those
"I" prefixes and any  "Impl" suffixes will make the project code-base look
even more credible. I don't think we have too many ...Impl's at all (and
that's by far the most offensive of these 2 naming anti-patterns).
The way to you suggest introducing this improvement to the is my preferred,
gentle and step by step, technique too for such a project.

Regards - Cemal
jWeekend
OO & Java Technologies, Wicket Training and Development
http://jWeekend.com

PS How about - avoid starting new lines with braces where not absolutely
necessary, too? it's OK, I know this will go down like a lead balloon :-)