wicket-dev mailing list archives

From dtoffe <dto...@yahoo.com.ar>
Subject Re: taking the I out of Interface
Date Sat, 03 Oct 2009 13:49:27 GMT

+1 (non binding), as long as you also remove every *Impl (if there is any)
and provide a migration path as you previously sketched (Model extends
IModel and deprecating IModel).

imho this is a normal step in a project's evolution, you add functionality,
the initial design breaks a little, then you do some cleanup (as in url
handling refactor), small refactorings like taking out the "I" and so on.

You end up with a good design and consistent naming, and then when more
functionality is added, it will be easier to do because the code is clean,
and the users will also benefit from this. Of course it is not free, but I
believe the benefits for devs and users far outweight the cost of minor
migrations.

Daniel