wicket-dev mailing list archives

From Igor Vaynberg <igor.vaynb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: taking the I out of Interface
Date Sat, 03 Oct 2009 21:58:27 GMT
i would like to invalidate some of the "migration will be too hard"
concerns with a simple test. you are welcome to run this on your own
projects, i am running it on a midsized project i am working on...

igor.vaynberg@bender:~/dev/src/biggie$ find -name "*.java" | xargs cat | wc -l
192625

igor.vaynberg@bender:~/dev/src/biggie$ find -name "*.java" | xargs cat
| grep 'import org\.apache\.wicket[.A-Za-z0-9]*\.I' | dos2unix | sort
| uniq -c
      1 import org.apache.wicket.authorization.IAuthorizationStrategy;
      2 import org.apache.wicket.Component.IVisitor;
     10 import org.apache.wicket.extensions.markup.html.repeater.data.grid.ICellPopulator;
     31 import org.apache.wicket.extensions.markup.html.tabs.ITab;
      1 import org.apache.wicket.IClusterable;
      2 import org.apache.wicket.IComponentBorder;
      1 import org.apache.wicket.IConverterLocator;
      2 import org.apache.wicket.IRequestTarget;
     29 import org.apache.wicket.markup.html.form.IChoiceRenderer;
      1 import org.apache.wicket.markup.html.form.IFormSubmittingComponent;
      1 import org.apache.wicket.markup.html.form.IFormVisitorParticipant;
      2 import org.apache.wicket.markup.html.form.validation.IFormValidator;
      4 import org.apache.wicket.markup.html.IHeaderContributor;
      6 import org.apache.wicket.markup.html.IHeaderResponse;
      3 import org.apache.wicket.markup.html.image.Image;
      3 import org.apache.wicket.markup.html.link.IPageLink;
      5 import org.apache.wicket.markup.IMarkupResourceStreamProvider;
      4 import org.apache.wicket.markup.repeater.data.IDataProvider;
     39 import org.apache.wicket.markup.repeater.Item;
      3 import org.apache.wicket.model.IDetachable;
    655 import org.apache.wicket.model.IModel;
      1 import org.apache.wicket.request.IRequestCycleProcessor;
      1 import org.apache.wicket.request.target.coding.IndexedParamUrlCodingStrategy;
      1 import org.apache.wicket.settings.IExceptionSettings;
      2 import org.apache.wicket.util.convert.IConverter;
      5 import org.apache.wicket.util.resource.IResourceStream;
     25 import org.apache.wicket.validation.IValidatable;
     28 import org.apache.wicket.validation.IValidationError;
     27 import org.apache.wicket.validation.IValidator;

removing the noise we get

     31 import org.apache.wicket.extensions.markup.html.tabs.ITab;
     29 import org.apache.wicket.markup.html.form.IChoiceRenderer;
     39 import org.apache.wicket.markup.repeater.Item;
    655 import org.apache.wicket.model.IModel;
     25 import org.apache.wicket.validation.IValidatable;
     28 import org.apache.wicket.validation.IValidationError;
     27 import org.apache.wicket.validation.IValidator;

really the only glaring usage is IModel, but even with the others -
the project can be easily migrated with a sed script - which we may
even provide.

-igor