wicket-dev mailing list archives

From Igor Vaynberg <igor.vaynb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [wicket 1.5] removing page version manager
Date Fri, 02 Oct 2009 21:14:48 GMT
On Fri, Oct 2, 2009 at 2:10 PM, Carl-Eric Menzel
<cm.wicket@users.bitforce.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 2 Oct 2009 14:03:05 -0700
> Igor Vaynberg <igor.vaynberg@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> can we yank ipageversionmanager and ichange out of 1.5? it has always
>> been broken because no one implements ichange objects to keep the page
>> state consistent.
>
> How exactly is it broken? Just that nobody uses it, or that it actually
> doesn't work, or causes more headaches than it's worth?

i would venture a guess that only about 5% of our users know what it
is, and out of those 5% only 5% bother implementing IChange objects
for all the fields on their components. and if you do not implement it
on all the fields that means your page will be in an incorrect state
when the backbutton is used.

people do not hit this problem often because diskpagestore takes a
complete snapshot and that is what 95% of our users use.

and of course about 80% of all statistics are made up.

-igor