wicket-dev mailing list archives

From Carl-Eric Menzel <cm.wic...@users.bitforce.com>
Subject Re: [wicket 1.5] removing page version manager
Date Fri, 02 Oct 2009 21:44:19 GMT
> Wicket version management is concerned with components. We don't
> version your domain objects (unless you keep hard references to them
> and they get serialized with the page). If you are using models
> properly most of the time when you deserialize and render the page
> your entities get reloaded so user sees the current state of your
> domain objects.

Yes I know that it's about components. I was just wondering whether
custom undo is going to be lost completely, or whether there will be
ways to react to the user "going back in time".

Or are you saying this should all be done in Models? Of course, on the
other hand I'm wondering how much undo is possible anyway in a web
environment, even with a mechanism such as Change objects.

Carl-Eric