wicket-dev mailing list archives

From Matej Knopp <matej.kn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [wicket 1.5] removing page version manager
Date Fri, 02 Oct 2009 21:15:56 GMT
Main problem with Change is that it only can do undo. It can not do
redo which is what we need when user clicks the "Forward" browser
button. Plus wicket pages can change significantly between versions.
Representing these differences as chain of Changes is extremely
challenging if not impossible. Plus you still have to serialize model
objects, etc, which can cause another headache and it completely
ignores the rest of page state like simple class variables.

-Matej