wicket-dev mailing list archives

From "Igor Vaynberg" <igor.vaynb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Igor - FileUploadField change in 1.4-rc1 - WHY?
Date Tue, 25 Nov 2008 06:47:14 GMT
the change is to make that component work consistently with how all
other components work. an id only constructor will look for a compound
property model like all the other components.

the change is basically to get rid of legacy cruft. when this
component was first written it didnt have an option to work with a
model. later it was refactored to support models based on user
requests - but only half way - which is the way you were using it. now
it works like any other component.

On Mon, Nov 24, 2008 at 9:33 PM, Jeremy Thomerson
<jeremy@wickettraining.com> wrote:
> Igor,
>  It has come up a couple of times on the user list, but in 1.4rc1 there was
> a change to FileUploadField to make it always use a model.  Now, the new
> FileUploadField("id") constructor is practically useless, and I would
> venture to say that tons of apps out there (like mine do in numerous
> places), have always just used the ID constructor since nothing else was
> needed.
>  Why the change?  At the very least, could we make the ID-only constructor
> call super(id, new Model<FileUpload>()) ??
> Thanks!
> --
> Jeremy Thomerson
> http://www.wickettraining.com