wicket-dev mailing list archives

From "Jon Steelman" <jon.steel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Build server - what do we do?
Date Sat, 03 May 2008 19:35:08 GMT
I understand. These IDEs have layers like onions and it takes time for the
feature sets to be revealed and appreciated. Once someone has soaked up the
*way* of an IDE, for better or for worse that comfort often becomes the
determining factor. IDEA is designed to feel more natural (their tagline
"Develop with Pleasure") but it doesn't always work out that way right away
for those heavily vested in something else. To be quite frank, even most
long term IDEA users only know a fraction of the features and don't ever
bother to go looking for more. Possibly they are too busy getting things
done but often it is a morbid lack of curiosity.

Jon