wicket-dev mailing list archives

From "Igor Vaynberg" <igor.vaynb...@gmail.com>
Subject markup id improvement
Date Tue, 12 Feb 2008 18:42:27 GMT
one of the nagging things on the lists is that markup id is not
available until render time, this gets a lot of users hung up. the
problem is that we use a counter inside the page to generate the
unique id. what if instead we use a static counter, that will make
markup ids unique across pages also. the only problem is that it will
make the id counter increment faster, but with a Long we wont run out
any time soon. we should also keep the id string as short as possible,
maybe encode the integer using [0-9a-zA-Z] instead of just [0-9], or
even to make it faster encode it into hex...

if no objections are raised i will make the change...will be nice to
have a major improvement to go along with 1.3.2 anyways

-igor