wicket-dev mailing list archives

From "Eelco Hillenius" <eelco.hillen...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [wicketstuff] hosting repositories on sourceforge
Date Fri, 18 Jan 2008 20:12:39 GMT
Another problem (I think) with sourceforge is that space is limited.
Wicket-stuff is registered as one project, but there are quite a few
projects under there.

Eelco

On Jan 18, 2008 11:47 AM, David Bernard <david.bernard.31@gmail.com> wrote:
> The one on apache is not accessible/updatable by wicketstuff developpers, it also mixe
releases and snapshots.
> the repo on sf.net could be slow
> * if the releases are rsync on central repo.
> * snapshots version are less used
> * if it allows to release easier (and may be more often)
>
> Currently deploy a release (or a snapshots) is very unclear.
>
> As a wicketstuff developper, I vote for a simpler process to release on sf or somewhere
else.

> /davidB
>

> Igor Vaynberg wrote:
> > we did have a maven2 repo on sf.net for wicket before we moved to
> > apache but it was appallingly slow...
> >
> > -igor
> >

> > On Jan 18, 2008 4:38 AM, David Bernard <david.bernard.31@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> May be part of the space problem on bamboo server, could be solve by hosting
maven-repository on sourceforge.
> >> There is some advantages :
> >> * every committer on wicketstuff, already, have ssh access
> >> * every committer could deploy manually snapshots and releases
> >> * release version could be deploy with maven-release-plugin
> >> * if there is 2 repositories repo-releases and repo-snapshots, then we could
request a rsync from repo-releases to maven central repository

and similar for other server http://maven-repo.gforge.inria.fr/releases , http://scala-tools.org/repo-releases
.