wicket-dev mailing list archives

From "Martijn Dashorst" <martijn.dasho...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [GHOP] Issue 8 - Review Wicket Screen Cast: Markup Inheritence
Date Fri, 18 Jan 2008 21:52:50 GMT
Hi Michael,
I've just been able to take a look. First let me extend our gratitude for
you taking up the task. It is really some tough work to create a screen cast
(I know, I've done a couple).

If anyone else thinks your screencast is OK, then I'm fine with signing off.

If you can muster the energy to do just one other take, this is what I'd
like to improve:
 - create pauzes when you explain at a high level what you are going to do
 - tell folks what you are doing when you do it (synchronize the left and
right brain hemispheres ;)

I found it hard to track the planning (you were explaining about the
bookmarkable links and menu), and see that you are creating a page. It
seemed out-of-sync and was quite distracting.

Again, thank you for your efforts and energy. The cast is good, I just want
to make it perfect :)

Martijn

On 1/18/08, Michael Chang <thenewme91@gmail.com> wrote:

> A new version of the screencast has been uploaded. Hopefully it
> addresses Martjin's concerns. This file should play on most computers
> -- it uses MPEG-4 (not h.264) video and MP3 audio in an AVI container.
>
> The video is 20.4 MB in size.
>
> http://rapidshare.com/files/84627136/MarkupInheritenceVideoV2.avi.html
> (rapidshare)
> http://webhome.idirect.com/~rgh/wicket/MarkupInheritenceVideoV2.avi
> (alternate download location)
>
> Anyone who would like a text copy of what I was saying can follow
> along at http://webhome.idirect.com/~rgh/wicket/MarkupInheritence.txt
>
> Comments -- even acknowledgments -- would be appreciated.
>
> --
> Michael Chang
>
> Please note that not all formatting may be preserved in
> Office/Word/Powerpoint documents sent to me. Please use OpenDocument
> (not Open XML), HTML, and RTF where possible. See
> Thank you.

Apache Wicket 1.3.0 is released
Get it now: http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/wicket/1.3.0