wicket-dev mailing list archives

From "Jon Steelman" <jon.steel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 1.4/2.0 annotations support
Date Fri, 11 Jan 2008 17:42:17 GMT
If we are talking about using annotations for anything that hints of
declarative programming, I'm not at all in favor. Nobody here...but some
folks are rabid about declarative programming and always find a new way to
attempt to finally make it work. It reminds me of the
Computer-Aided-Software-Engineering (CASE) debacle from the 80's which has
its latest incarnation as Model-Driven-Architecture (MDA). There are
fundamental reasons why CASE/MDA isn't really going to fly yet generation
after generation of folks get seduced into taking a crack at it. Declarative
programming (including systems that use annotations for declarative
programming) is to me another relative dead-end. Please don't saddle Wicket
with it.  :-)