wicket-dev mailing list archives

From "C." Bergström <cbergst...@netsyncro.com>
Subject Re: Future of the wicketframework.org domain
Date Sat, 03 Nov 2007 22:09:17 GMT

On Sat, 2007-11-03 at 19:28 +0100, Martijn Dashorst wrote:
> The wicketframework.org domain is now pointing (through a redirect) to
> the wicket.apache.org website.
>
> The domain is still registered on my name, and I'm ready to let it go.
> The question is: should we keep the domain (register it through the
> ASF) or let it expire.
>
> Expiration has the advantage that we (the ASF) don't have any costs
> associated with keeping it alive. The fact that the domain never got
> any real traction makes this a viable solution.
>
> However, letting the domain expire gives domain squatters the
> opportunity to take the domain and use it for other purposes than we
> intend(ed)
>
> Before I cast a vote I'd like to hear if there are other sides and opinions.

I'd pay all/part of the registration simply because once it goes into
the hands of one of these squatters there's no turning back.  Let me
know how much the renewal fee is and I can paypal it to you.  (Normally
6-30$ USD)

Can we come up with a small quick list of things we could do with it
though?

1) forwarding
2) ??

./C