wicket-dev mailing list archives

From salk31 <...@redspr.com>
Subject Re: Hints for improved web performances
Date Thu, 16 Aug 2007 14:26:50 GMT

Eelco,

Another advantage of putting the version/build number in the URI of JS, CSS
etc is to ensure that browsers fetch the latest version. So no more asking
users to hit SHIFT+Reload. Setting expires headers for anything but "never"
is not very reliable as a surprising number of client clocks are wrong. Only
if-not-modified-since requests can cope with this but they require browser
HTTP request.

Cheers

Sam