wicket-dev mailing list archives

From "Martijn Dashorst" <martijn.dasho...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ASL compatibility overview for 3rd party tools
Date Sat, 03 Feb 2007 14:53:49 GMT
On 2/3/07, Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacretaz@apache.org> wrote:
> With my mentor hat on: yes, it's very important that *all* decisions
> regarding code and licenses be made on the dev mailing list (or in the
> issue tracker).

Well, in this case it wasn't a decision, but a question regarding
licenses. As most of our  mentors aren't available at ##wicket, such a
question could have been easily answered on our mailinglist by our
mentors or by anyone else.

> Important discussions that happen on IRC (of course, "define
> important" is the next question...) must also be summarized to the
> list or the tracker.

Important would mean in my book: resulting in changes in our code
base, or the lack thereof (i.e. the decision/discussion not to do
something).

> This helps in keeping everybody on the same page, and documents
> decisions for when people ask about them later. People always ask,
> later ;-)

At least it helps prevent heraldry type of comments regarding offline
development. (I know there is more to Heraldry than just not
functioning on the dev list)

Martijn

--
Vote for Wicket at the http://www.thebeststuffintheworld.com/vote_for/wicket
Wicket 1.2.4 is as easy as 1-2-4. Download Wicket now!