whirr-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Baclace <paul.bacl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: how to do integration testing
Date Fri, 22 Mar 2013 00:16:47 GMT
Andrew, thanks for sharing how you run integration tests.

In what availability zones do the integration tests work? I'm running it
from us-west-1

(I will add the answers to the wiki.)

When I run the integration tests (it also runs the unit tests each time)
from us-west-1, I get the errors (literal values sanitized):

testNoRemoteExecutionOverlap(org.apache.whirr.actions.integration.PhaseExecutionBarrierTest):

POST https://ec2.us-east-1.amazonaws.com/ HTTP/1.1 -> HTTP/1.1 401
Unauthorized
testFirewallAuthorizationIsIdempotent(org.apache.whirr.service.jclouds.integration.FirewallManagerTest):

POST https://ec2.us-east-1.amazonaws.com/ HTTP/1.1 -> HTTP/1.1 401
Unauthorized
testUploadSmallFileToBlobCache(org.apache.whirr.util.integration.BlobCacheTest):
request PUT https://7dafunky.s3.amazonaws.com/ HTTP/1.1 failed with code
400, error: AWSError{requestId='FFFFFFFF',
requestToken='59/blahblahblahblahblahblah', code='InvalidArgument',
message='AWS authorization header is invalid.  Expected
AwsAccessKeyId:signature', context='{ArgumentValue=AWS
${sys:whirr.test.identity}:Kblahblahblahblahblah=,
ArgumentName=Authorization, HostId=59/blahblahblahblahblahblah}'}

Paul