whirr-dev mailing list archives

From Adrian Cole <adr...@jclouds.org>
Subject Re: understanding rackspace APIs and instances
Date Wed, 14 Nov 2012 22:24:38 GMT

As you noted in the issue, jclouds isn't currently reading the
retryAfter response.  The following issue got distracted with the
overall throttling issue, but started on the topic at hand (ex. when
25 requests are made, jclouds currently breaks instead of sleeping
until next minute)

probably best to split the throttling stuff in the above issue to
another one, which can address large clusters.

On Wed, Nov 14, 2012 at 2:18 PM, Steve Loughran <stevel@hortonworks.com> wrote:
> On 14 November 2012 21:40, Adrian Cole <adrian@jclouds.org> wrote:
>> Hi, Steve.
>> The new rackspace cloud has a relatively low request limit per day, so you
>> will need to configure properties to reduce the polling interval.
>> https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-examples/blob/master/rackspace/src/main/java/org/jclouds/examples/rackspace/cloudservers/CreateServer.java
> I see -is there a way to pass this down through Whirr or shall I sneak
> something in.
>> Wrt creating servers on error response, this should be analyzed and
>> possibly reported to tax.
>> HTH,
>> -A
> I'm more worried about the deletion -I think they failed too for the same
> reason, though I don't see why those are limited; the infrastructure could
> just queue them up.

View raw message