whirr-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Turli <andrea.tu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Virtualbox implementation
Date Sun, 07 Oct 2012 12:40:07 GMT
Sure I'll add this information to the jclouds-virtualbox documentation.

Yesterday Ioannis was adding the vritualbox api to the jclouds-karaf
features that are used by jclouds-cli, so that we can use virtualbox
from the cli.
He noticed that vboxjws is LGPL2 licensed which is not compatible with
the ASL license. So he thinks that it is not possible package it
inside the cli itself.

This is a big problem for jclouds and whirr in general, I guess, so we
need to find a solution.

Ioannis was suggesting to ask Oracle to relicense the jar
Technically it is also possible to avoid the usage of vbox web service
and either ssh to host machine and run the vbox command on it
(vagrant/veewee approach) or use java native approach to run the C++
vbox commands.

Thoughts?

Andrea

On Sat, Oct 6, 2012 at 9:35 PM, Adrian Cole <adrian.f.cole@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for going through the process of getting the jar on the way to
> maven, Andrea!  Can you summarize what that was in case it needs to be
> done again?
>
> -A
>
> On Sat, Oct 6, 2012 at 12:06 PM, Andrea Turli <andrea.turli@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I've uploaded the vboxjws-4.2.0 to
>> https://oss.sonatype.org/content/repositories/central-sync/org/virtualbox/vboxjws/4.2.0/
>>
>> So now jclouds-1.6.0-SNAPSHOT is using the last virtualbox version
>> which seems much better in terms of session management.
>>
>> Best,
>> Andrea
>>
>> On Tue, Sep 25, 2012 at 12:10 AM, Andrea Turli <andrea.turli@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I've updated the jclouds-virtualbox implementation to the latest release 4.2.0
>>>
>>> Here you can find more details about the status
>>> http://code.google.com/p/jclouds/issues/detail?id=384
>>>
>>> I'm now waiting for an answer from virtualbox developers about making
>>> available vboxjws-4.2.0.jar available on maven central,
>>> to push this new version.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Andrea

I'm using