whirr-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@hortonworks.com>
Subject getting the internal FQDN of a host from the whirr client
Date Thu, 04 Oct 2012 18:11:32 GMT
I have a need to get the in-cluster FQDN of a node, in the Java code that
runs whirr-side so that I can generate some files there.

   - I've seen the WHIRR-602 discussion on private hostnames, but they
   appear to be about having a private hostname in the installation scripts.
   - Instance.getPrivateAddress().getCanonicalHostName() returns the short
   hostname, at least for the EC2 instances I've created.

Any suggestions?